Wednesday, September 11, 2013

31DC2013 Day 10 - Gradient Nails

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Day 10 of The 31 Day Challenge calls for gradient nails. If you've been following me here for a while I'm sure you've seen me say how much I've been practicing on these. For whatever reason, gradients ate really hard for me to get. I'm getting better, though, I think!


I began with no base coat and 2 coats of Zoya Godiva. Godiva is from the Spring collection of PixieDust polishes and she is a gorgeous sparkling textured nude. Application and formula was so flawless I had no clean up with Godiva.


Next I got my stamping plates, looked through them all then finally settled on an image. No surprise, I went for my go-to leopard print design. I chose the one on Bundle Monster BM221 instead of my usual Konad M57, just to switch it up a little and stamped with Zoya Louise (the gorgeous chocolate brown from Zoya's Cashmeres Collection for Fall).  


I used Louise and a makeup sponge for the gradient part of this manicure. I think the way the leopard spots fade into the brown is so cool looking! Do you have any tips/tricks on gradients? What do you think of my manicure today? Add always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo! 

~Jessica

3 comments:

  1. *droools* gradient goodness to die for! I love everything about the mani. The colors, the style, the fact you used textured nail polish and then stamped in a way that even the cheetah print seems to fade! Love love love it! I would love to see a pink variety of this.

    ReplyDelete